JCole's Cigar Reviews

I periodically review cigars and post the reviews on Cigar Forums such as Cigar Weekly, Club Stogie, Cigar Utopia, and Herfers Paradise. I thought I would put them all in one place, for those who enjoy them.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Fonseca Cosacos

The Little Cigar that Could

Legnth: 5 3/8" or 135 mm.
Ring: 42
Wrapper, Binder, Filler: Cuban
Presentation: Tissue paper wrapped

I received this cigar as a part of a box pass I hosted, and I was fortunate to get a nice selection of Habanos I've never tried. This cigar was one of them. The band looked aged and when I took off the tissue paper it was covered in plume.

I went for a walk with my dogs, casually cutting and lighting the cigar. I was surprised at the amount of flavor and the full draw of smoke that I got from this little cigar. It was full of Cuban twang with a touch of cinnamon. The cigar burned with laser perfectness and never became sour or acrid. I had to sit down for the last third in respect for such a great smoke. I smoked it down to the nub burning my fingers, it kept the perfect Cuban flavor with a moderate addition of heat.

Wow! That was a great cigar, unfortunately I am not sure of the year and I am unsure that if I buy a box of these I will be as fortunate. I score this little gem a 9 out of 10. I want another one just thinking about it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home