JCole's Cigar Reviews

I periodically review cigars and post the reviews on Cigar Forums such as Cigar Weekly, Club Stogie, Cigar Utopia, and Herfers Paradise. I thought I would put them all in one place, for those who enjoy them.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Perdomo Champagne Robusto

Mellow Yellow

'R' Robusto - 5 x 54
Wrapper: Connecticut Shade
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan

I’ve had this cigar sitting in my humidor for some time now, and I glance at it with a somewhat puzzled look. That cigar sure has a weird cello, its gold / yellow color catches the eye. No, this is not the “yellow cello” you hear about when the oils and goodness of the cigar saturate the cello after aging. This is a colored or dyed cello that comes on the stick.

I was looking for something in medium flavor span and something large but not too large for my Sunday afternoon smoke. I chose this cigar mostly because of the size but also because it caught my eye. I took the cigar outside with a large glass of spring water. Examining it I saw a smooth blemish-less cigar with minimal veins and a slightly oily Connecticut wrapper with a nice golden color. I cut it with my Xikar and lit it perfectly my Prometheus Ultimo.

The draw and burn were perfect. The cigar was smooth and mellow. I was afraid that the cigar would be boring or under-whelm me, but the cigar was great. It had a variety of flavors cedar, leather, wheat, and cream. It became stronger as the smoke progressed, but it was never bitter or acrid. I liked the cigar and wished it wouldn’t end. I nubbed the cigar as much as I could burning my fingers at least twice before letting it go down for the count.

I would give the cigar and 8 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home