JCole's Cigar Reviews

I periodically review cigars and post the reviews on Cigar Forums such as Cigar Weekly, Club Stogie, Cigar Utopia, and Herfers Paradise. I thought I would put them all in one place, for those who enjoy them.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Opus X Robusto

5.25" - 50 ring

Dominican Puro

cutter: Xikar Xi2
lighter: Promethus Ultimo
drink: Red Label brand Cognac VSOP and water

I thought after last night's fabulous smoke I had to continue the trend, and another member's review of the Forbidden X put me in the mood of one of my many Opus that I am saving for, what? So, today is as good as any a day to light up this bad boy.

The cigar clipped nicely and I took a pre-light draw that had plum, honey, and woodsy flavors. The taste suddenly change as I lit up the cigar my plum changed to a rasin with undertones of leather and cinnamon. As I continued to smoke the spiceness intensified and a sea salt and pepper taste took its place. Toward the end the taste has a hot jalapeon with cardamon and other spices, very smooth.

Burn was uneven at first but leveled it self out.

Ash was white with salt and pepper streaks, but what I noticed was that it turned absolutely grey after I ashed, I tink the 80%+ humidity had something to do with that

The smoke evolve it was a creamy brown color at first and extemely syrupy. It had a nice aroma, toward the middle of the experiance it turned white, and at the end blue-ish.

A nice smoke that needed alot of paitence toward the end as it was so hot that I would have to let it rest for more than most cigars. I enjoyed it until I burned my fingers and declared it finished.

I rate this a 7.5 out of 10

Pictures available at: http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/JCole311/album02/106_0637

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home