JCole's Cigar Reviews

I periodically review cigars and post the reviews on Cigar Forums such as Cigar Weekly, Club Stogie, Cigar Utopia, and Herfers Paradise. I thought I would put them all in one place, for those who enjoy them.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Drew Estate Def Sea

Pictures at: http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/JCole311/album07/107_0800

Size: 6" - 52 ring
Shape: Double Torpedo Perfecto
Wrapper: Sumatran Seed
"Experimental blend of honey water, jasmine, and double cured sugar cane extract"
Filler and Binder: Nicaraguan?
Country: Nicaragua

The Def Sea is a cigar that was produced by Drew Estate for Cigars International. I got some from another Cigar Weekly member that did not care for them and wanted a trade. I was intrigued by the shape. I've also tried almost every Drew Estate cigar, and didn't want to miss this one.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Echk! Flavored cigars... Well, what can I say? I have an open mind and will try most things. I even have some Lars Tetons I'm thinking of reviewing.

The cigar felt underfilled, very spongey with a light oil sheen on a reddish orange wrapper. It had the distinct Drew Estate perfume smell. I cut and lit it and had an uneven burn and a fast draw. I had to touch it up to even it out. The pre-draw gave me a citrus and floral taste. The first third was sweet and tangy. The half way was nutty and straight tobacco. The end was tart with a rose petal type flavor on the palete. The cigar burned fast and was gone in just over 40 minutes.

The whole smoking experianced with a incense perfume flavor that some enjoy (ladies and younger gents), but most of the cigar smoking public dispises. I had to smoke this at home, I smoked some Drew Estate at my local cigar shop 6 months ago, and caught hell from pretty much everyone, except one smoker's wife that happened in.

For various reasons: underfilled, fast draw, quick and uneven burn, etc.
I score this 5 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home